The following fines will be levied upon members and guests at the sole discretion of the Sargent at Arms, the President or presiding officer.
$5.00 will be levied if you:
1. Are being rude and talking while our Program speaker or President are speaking
2. Arriving late and still wearing your pajamas, night shirt or night gown.
3. Short stature jokes about the Sargent at Arms. Those under 5’6” will be excused and a tape measure will be available
$4.00 will be levied if you:
1. Are found to be Texting or reading emails when our Program speaker or President are speaking
2. Caught napping and snoring
3. Walking around the room while the Speaker or President are speaking
$3.00 will be levied if you:
1. Fail to display your Rotary pin or wear a Rotary shirt.
2. Caught napping but not snoring
3. Wear Shorts to a meeting between November 1st May 1st.
4. Scooters (Those leaving before the closing bell)
$2.00 will be levied if you:
1. Your Cell phone rings, beeps or otherwise makes sound during meetings
2. Arriving after the Opening Bell
$1.00 will be levied if you:
1. Are sitting at a table that does not contain at least one member of the opposite sex.
2. Sitting alone at a table when there is open seating at another table
3. Any other reason deemed inappropriate by the Sargent at Arms, the President or presiding officer.
4. Any other reason that the Sargent at Arms deems inappropriate. (An Ex. Dressed wearing stripe with plaids is not fineable because there is no excuse for bad taste.
Fines are meant to be levied in good fun. When fined you may step up one level at your own discretion at which time you will be awarded one “Ataboy or Atagirl”. You can be fined for more than one incident. (Ex. Mixing stripes and plaids and not wearing your Rotary pin could be a $5.00 maximum fine. Money collected goes towards your Rotary Clubs many worthwhile projects and the Sargent at Arms retirement fund.